Mindfulness Meditation Module (50hr) with Josh Summers, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
Part of the 200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation, but available as a standalone intensive for anyone.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Mindfulness Meditation Module is a comprehensive training in the theory and practice of Mindfulness Meditation and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating meditation into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Mindfulness Meditation Module will include:
- Practice and understand the theory of the core aspects of Mindfulness Training: Steadiness, presence and wisdom.
- Explore “Yin” aspects and approaches to meditation, developing “Yin” qualities of mind and heart: Receptivity, gentleness, compassion, reflection, stillness and silence.
- This Module will be structured around the Buddha’s core teaching on Mindfulness – The Satipatthana Sutta – The Sutta on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. This text provides a treasure trove of material to share with students in a Yin classroom. Meditative themes will include theoretical and practical approaches to these Four Foundations: Body (kaya), Feeling tones (vedana), Mind-states (citta), and Categories of Experience (dhamma).
- For each category of contemplation (ie. body, mind-states, etc), a variety of ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ forms of meditative tools will be considered and explored.
- Working with the Hindrances (Aversion, Desire, Restlessness, Sleepiness and Doubt): Strategies and antidotes.
- Develop your ability to hold space, effectively use your voice and explore teaching cues that support the experiential learning and the unfolding insight of your students.
- Address approaches to teaching meditation in a secular, non-religious manner.
- How to instruct and guide meditative themes in your teaching.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Mindfulness Meditation Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
Register for the live teacher training module by clicking the button below.
1. Register for the module.
- Fee (includes 60-page manual): $640 early-bird, $790 thereafter.
- Early-bird pricing expires 90 days prior to the start date of the training.
Please note: Tranquil Souls is hosting this event, so registration will take place through their site, but the training itself will take place at The Nest, 60 Adams St., Milton, MA.
You will receive:
- 90-day free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free 90-day access to the online course (a $125 value).
- Online course for this module will be available in January 2018.
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short essay, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
- Required text: Unlearning Meditation by Jason Siff. It’s not necessary to read this before the training, but this will serve as your ongoing reference book.
- Suggested Text: Seeking the Heart of Wisdom by Jack Kornfield and Joseph Goldstein.
Here’s how to earn credit towards your certification:
First, anyone can take this training as a standalone module. In other words, you don’t need to be in a Certification track to take this module.
But if you’d like to earn credit towards your 200-hour and 300-hour certification with this module, enroll in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Click the button to start the application process:
The Summers School of Yin Yoga // www.yinyogaschool.com