This course is the online component to the Yang Yoga Module offered by the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Both the live training and the online course are taught by Terry Cockburn (E-RYT500), Lead Trainer at The Summers School of Yin Yoga.
Important: You must take the online course and complete the quiz before attending the live teacher training module.
Please note that this course may be taken standalone as well – even if you are not enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. It is designed to be a self-contained introductory course for anyone to take.
About This Course:
This online course is one part of the teacher training you’ll be experiencing. It is taught by Terry Cockburn (E-RYT500), Lead Trainer at The Summers School of Yin Yoga.
Completing this course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll receive a link that grants you free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
Please note: You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs (not including the course readings).
NOTE TO PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS:
Yes, you can take this course too! It’s designed to function as an essential introduction to the concepts and practice of Yang Yoga. It can be taken on its own, giving you a low-risk opportunity to see if this module (or the school) is the right fit for you.
- Theory: Intention in Yang Yoga; Tension and Compression; Functional vs. Aesthetic Alignment; Stability and Mobility; The Six Principles of Yang Yoga
- Practice: Yang Lunge Flow Practice; Yin/Yang/Yin Practice
- Quiz: The course ends with a quiz, which you must complete (and pass!) before the live training.
Here is a complete list of all the course lessons, along with their descriptions. Each lesson contains a video.
- The Flow Sublime: Functional Elements of Yang Yoga
- Introduction: Course Overview
- Intention in Yang Yoga
- Yang Styles and Interpretations
- Tension and Compression
- Functional vs. Aesthetic Alignment
- Stability and Mobility
- The Six Principles of Yang Yoga
- First Principle of Yang Yoga: Know the Intention of the Pose
- Second Principle of Yang Yoga: Pay Attention to Your Experience
- Third Principle of Yang Yoga: Seek Function Over Form
- Fourth Principle of Yang Yoga: Play the Edge to Generate an Effect
- Fifth Principle of Yang Yoga: Maintain or Change
- Sixth Principle of Yang Yoga: Incorporate Variety
- Sequence Practice: Yang Lunge Flow
- Phase One: Intro
- Phase Two: Warm Up
- Phase Three: Rhythm
- Phase Four: Strength
- Phase Five: Mobility
- Phase Six: Connecting
- Sequence Practice: The Spinal Rinse and Reset
- The Flow Sublime: Quiz
- Required text: Your Body, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark: Chapters 1, 2 and 3, and “Note to Teachers” Sidebars (noted in the Contents section).
- Suggested text: Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
- Even if you are not attending the training, this book will serve as a wonderful reference.
The price of the course is: $125.00.
Or get free lifetime access if you enroll in any 50-hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module offered by the Summers School of Yin Yoga. You will receive an exclusive access code via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).