In this interview, I speak with neuroscientist, Sara Lazar, about her work on the study of mindfulness. Sara is one of the leading scientists studying how the brain responds to mindfulness meditation.
- Are the benefits of mindfulness exaggerated?
- Meditation and our “neuroplastic” brains
- How meditation alters the fear response
- Why studying mindfulness is hard
- Mindfulness is about more than being in the moment
- Advice for the anti-Trump crowd from meditation teachers
Originally published on February 28th, 2017