Tami Simon is a true pioneer in American spirituality. From Sounds True’s website: Tami, “founded Sounds True at the age of 22 with the mission of disseminating spiritual wisdom. As a pioneer in the conscious business movement, she focuses on bringing authenticity and heart into the workplace while honoring multiple bottom lines. Tami hosts a popular weekly podcast called Insights at the Edge, where she has interviewed many of today’s leading teachers, delving deeply into their discoveries and personal experiences on their own journeys.”
In this interview I spoke with Tami about her own evolution with spiritual practice and how her relationship to a special Cocker Spaniel brought her the heart medicine she needed.
Tami and I discuss:
- From Swarthmore sophomore to meditating in India
- How Tami started Sounds True publishing company at age 22
- Tami’s spiritual teacher, Jasmine the cocker spaniel
- Why it’s okay to mourn a deceased pet
- Confronting the unethical behavior of spiritual teachers