[hide_from accesslevel=”practicum-30-hr” visible_to=”member”]
How to Access the Practicum Module
- You must be a student of the Summers School of Yin Yoga to participate. Apply here.
- Eligible students can enroll by purchasing access to the training. Enroll here.
Welcome to the Practicum! Glad to have you here. This will serve as our “home base” throughout the training.
Here is a complete list of all the assignments, including two group discussions.
[lms_list show_type=”false” show_completed=”true” show_favorite=”true” parent_id=”9563″ show_course_description=”true” show_module_description=”true”]
When you are logged in, the outline of assignments will always be on the left-hand side (or below if you are using a mobile device or tablet). Use the outline to navigate around the assignments.
Checkmarks (completed items) and stars (favorite items) will only appear in the course outline if you are logged in and have previously clicked the Complete and Favorite buttons.
- Required text: Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship by Donna Fahri.
- It’s not necessary to read this before you begin the assignments, but we will use this to complete the required Ethics Assignment.
Members: Log in here
About the Practicum:
The 30hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Practicum Module is for students enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga who have successfully completed the Foundations Module (50hrs). It’s our chance to refine your teaching – getting into the finer points of skillful teaching, effective facilitation, and the theory behind Yin Yoga. It is also an opportunity to engage in discussion with your fellow peers about the nuances of teaching.
The 30hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Practicum Module is an online offering that includes:
- Practice Teaching: Four core Yin Yoga postures and the theory of Yin Yoga.
- Peer Review: Give and receive constructive feedback from peers and faculty.
- Live Group Discussions: Classroom management, student dynamics, special populations, and creating a safe and secure environment.
Eligibility and Requirements
- You must be enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Here’s how to apply.
- Prerequisite: Successful completion of the Foundations Module (50hr).
How the Program Works:
- Click the Register Now button (below) to enroll in the Practicum Module. Upon registration, you will receive a set of assignments to complete:
- Teaching Assignment: Submit 4 videos of yourself teaching a student in a live setting.
- Theory Assignment: Submit 1 video of yourself explaining the Four Principles of Yin Yoga.
- Reading Assignment: Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship by Donna Fahri.
- Ethics Assignment: Write a brief essay on the ethics of teaching yoga (300-500 words).
- Once you submit your videos for the Teaching Assignment and Theory Assignment, you will be placed into a cohort with 4 other Practicum students and receive another set of assignments that includes peer review assessment and a group discussion.
- Once you submit your Ethics Assignment, you will be placed into a cohort with 4 other Practicum students, and we’ll schedule a group discussion on the ethics of yoga.
The price of the Practicum is [product_price productid=’9549′ ]