Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module (50hr) with Josh Summers, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a comprehensive training in the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating the profound energetic aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Traditional Chinese Meridian Module will include:
- Historical overview of Chinese Medicine’s philosophical origins.
- Yin and Yang Theory.
- Five Element Theory and Seasonal Balance.
- Understand the Vital Substances of Chinese Medicine: Qi, Essence, Blood, and Fluids.
- Dynamics of Qi, theory and practice.
- Functions of the Internal Organs, with both Chinese and Western analysis.
- Learn to locate the essential Meridians of Yin Yoga practice, as well as identify and palpate the power acupuncture points on these channels.
- Learn the interrelationships of the Yin Organs as they relate to the production, circulation, and storage of Qi, Blood, and Essence.
- Practice sequences and pranayama to harmonize Qi and Blood circulation
- Develop ways to speak about this curriculum in theory and practice.
- Learn to design sequences based on Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory.
- Students and teachers with previous foundational Yin Yoga training or instruction are welcome to attend this module.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Register for the module.
- Fee (includes manual): $740 early bird, $890 thereafter.
- Early-bird pricing expires 30 days prior to the start date of the training.
Register here [ADD BUTTON or LINK YOUR PURCHASE PAGE / MINDBODY]
You will receive:
- Free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 7-10 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
- Required text: Wood Becomes Water: Chinese Medicine in Everyday Life by Gail Reichstein
- Recommended text: The Uncharted Body: A New Textbook of Medicine by Dr. Daniel Keown. On the checkout page, apply the Discount Code FREEJOSH to get 15% off.
- Suggested text: The Spark in the Machine by Dr. Daniel Keown
- Suggested text: The Web That Has No Weaver by Ted Kaptchuk
Terms and Conditions:
- 25% of the Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation of MORE THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded.
- A cancellation of LESS THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded IF AND ONLY IF you or studio finds a replacement for your spot.
- All Registration Fees are non-transferable.
What past attendees have said about this training:
I’ve just finished the TCM and Foundations modules with Josh and I’m delighted with both courses. He has a winning combination of clarity, knowledge, humility, and humour and a relaxed passion for what he does which he transmits so well. I began as a Yin Yoga ignoramus and return home with a real sense of its magic.
—J.Z. (TCM and Foundations Student)
Josh and Terry are dedicated, skilled, tremendous teachers who offer guidance without dogma. They don’t force their hand, rather they offer a hand and allow their students to find their own path. I am so grateful for all I have learned.”
—B.B. in New Hampshire (TCM and Yang Yoga Student)
This is by far THE BEST yoga training course I’ve ever taken. Josh is a joy to work with. He is a fount of knowledge with NO ego! A rare combination. I was able to implement my new knowledge immediately upon returning to teaching and my students enjoyed that additional information. It’s all about tension and compression and a Dragon-A-Day!
—C.S. (Foundations Student)
The Summers School of Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Training was an incredible, life-changing experience. This training has brought me from believing I was a meditation failure to joyfully anticipating opportunities to teach Yin-based meditation. Josh’s humor, perspective, and outstanding preparation make him a tremendous teacher.
—B.B. (Mindfulness Student)
Josh is an accomplished facilitator and trainer, deftly navigating group dynamics and complex topics. The format of the in-person training is genius. The informative online course – a prerequisite for attending the in-person training – ensured that all attendees had a basic understanding of the material, allowing us to dive deep into the material. I rate this course 10+ out of 10, and recommend it to new and seasoned teachers and practitioners, including those who have previously completed teacher training modules with Josh.
—G.K. (Foundations and TCM Student)