[lms_previous_next previous_text=”View Previous Assignment” next_text=”View Next Assignment”]
In addition to the Teaching Assignment, we also want to make sure that you understand the underlying theory of Yin Yoga – and can articulate it clearly. There are two reasons for this:
- So that we can assess your comprehension of the concepts, as it will significantly affect your teaching
- So that we can assess your ability to fully explain key concepts to your students
Over the coming weeks, please record yourself talking through the Four Principles of Yin Yoga. Your video should be about 10 minutes long.
As with the Teaching Assignment, Josh and/or Terry will be reviewing this video, along with 4 other Practicum students in the program. In turn, you will also be reviewing the videos of other students as well.
Requirements for Your Video Submission
In your video, please cover each of the following topics/themes:
- Give a brief description of Yin Yoga, as well as 2-3 of the main intentions of Yin Yoga.
- Describe the Four Principles of Yin Yoga with a detailed explanation of each.
- Mention 2-3 common concerns people often have about Yin Yoga and how you would put your students at ease about each of these concerns.
- Describe the difference between stressing and stretching joint tissue.
- Your theory video must be between 9-10 minutes. If your theory video is outside this time, you will need to resubmit.
- It is OK to glance at your notes while you speak, but reading from your notes will not be accepted. Consider your notes as an outline to remind you of what you want to cover; but your notes are not a script to read from.
Important: The Practicum is graded on a pass/fail basis. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submission meets the criteria of this assignment. Please review the above requirements carefully before you begin.
If your submission does NOT meet the requirements, you will need to resubmit the assignment along with a Resubmission Fee of $150..
Here is a printable worksheet to use as a guide while you are shooting your video.
Submitting Your Video
- Once you’re done, please upload your video to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/upload
- Under “privacy,” remember to set it to “Unlisted” (so it won’t be available to the general public)
- Copy the link to the video and email it to Josh and Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a brief tutorial for how to 1) upload your videos and 2) get the shareable link:
- Once all the videos are collected from the group, we can begin the peer review process.
- Josh and Terry will send you an email with links to the videos for you to review.