Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module (50hr) with Terry Cockburn, E-RYT 500, YACEP
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning how to integrate dynamic styles of yoga within the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Yang Yoga Module will include:
- Learn and practice themes from Yin Yoga as they apply to Yang Yoga.
- Practice and learn Functional Alignment principles in Yang Yoga.
- Learn how to communicate Functional Alignment cues for all foundational poses found within traditional Sun Salutations, Standing Postures, and other common Yang postures.
- Practice five essential Yang sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments.
- Learn how to integrate Yang Yoga within or after a Yin Yoga practice.
- Differentiate the common Aesthetic Alignment cues to more specific Functional Alignment cues in Yang Yoga.
- Principles of tension and compression in asana.
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counterposes.
- Investigate, review, and refine understanding of skeletal variation; examining the spine, pelvis, knee, femur and tibia, with application to how variations in all of these areas influence asana in standing poses, arm balances, and backbends of Yang Yoga.
- This Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Yang Yoga Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Register for the module.
- Fee (includes manual): $740 early bird, $890 thereafter.
- Early-bird pricing expires 30 days prior to the start date of the training.
Register here [ADD BUTTON or LINK YOUR PURCHASE PAGE / MINDBODY]
You will receive:
- Free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
- Required text: Your Body, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Suggested text: Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
Terms and Conditions:
- 25% of the Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation of MORE THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded.
- A cancellation of LESS THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded IF AND ONLY IF you or studio finds a replacement for your spot.
- All Registration Fees are non-transferable.
What past attendees have said about this training:
The opportunity to take the Yang Yoga module has been transformative for me. It is on par with some of the best courses I have taken. The readings, online work, and live training were of the highest quality, and I feel that I have been provided resources and a community that will further facilitate this growth and benefit my clients and co-workers. Many thanks to Terry and Josh for all of your efforts. I have already reserved my spot in the next training!
—C.B. in Ohio (Yang Yoga Student)
I am grateful for all of the wonderful aspects Terry shared in the integration of Yang with Yin. The cueing, intention, and reasoning behind each action was impeccable. Not only has this module affected my own practice but also my thoughts around how I use language and intention within my classes.
—C.E. in New Hampshire (Yang Yoga Student)
What a wonderful training experience! Plenty of theory and instruction – and the best part was putting it into practice. LOVE the asana that was taught. Terry is bright and engaging and very knowledgeable! She was able to answer every question put to her during the training. I hope to be able to take more training with Josh Summers and Terry Cockburn in the future.
—M.C.G. in Ohio (Yang Yoga Student)
This was a wonderful training in Milton, MA. It inspired both my yin and yang practice and gave me a lot to think about and to explore. It was well worth the trip from Ireland.
—N.M. in Ireland (Yang Yoga Student)
I loved learning new approaches to poses, thinking about the intention, and recognizing that bodies differ greatly. This training was so well organized and rich in content. I would recommend the Yang Module to any yogi.
—B.B. in New Hampshire (Yang Yoga Student)
I appreciate Terry’s knowledge of movement and anatomy, clearly she enjoys what she does! I enjoyed the many opportunities to share with the other participants during class discussions. Active participation was encouraged and warmly received by Terry and her light-hearted humor was ever present. This training has renewed my interest in learning more, as I see just how much there is that I haven’t explored yet!
—B.M. in New York (Yang Yoga Student)
I truly enjoyed and benefited from the Yang Module. Terry was clear, non-judgmental, and interesting. She provided useful demonstrations and broke down postures in a way that provided me with a clearer picture of the intent of an overall posture. I was skeptical at the beginning since I am not a fan of Vinyasa but came away with a deeper understanding of the body and movement within different body structures.
—S.R. in New Hampshire (Yang Yoga Student)
The Yang Yoga training module with Terry Cockburn is overflowing with immediately useful knowledge. Terry is generous in freely sharing her own studies and experience, and took time to speak to students one-on-one to address unique situations. She never once suggested functional alignment as a replacement for the yoga style we each practiced, instead she spoke specifically and thoughtfully about weaving it into how we are already teaching. I will recommend this 4-day training to anyone looking for a unique viewpoint of practicing and teaching yoga for individual bodies.
—H.M. in Ohio (Yang Yoga Student)
Josh and Terry are dedicated, skilled, tremendous teachers who offer guidance without dogma. They don’t force their hand, rather they offer a hand and allow their students to find their own path. I am so grateful for all I have learned.”
—B.B. in New Hampshire (TCM and Yang Yoga Student)