Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Mindfulness Module (50hr) with Josh Summers, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Mindfulness Meditation Module is a comprehensive training in the theory and practice of Mindfulness Meditation and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating meditation into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Mindfulness Meditation Module will include:
- Practice and understand the theory of the core aspects of Mindfulness Training: Steadiness, presence, and wisdom.
- Explore “Yin” aspects and approaches to meditation, developing “Yin” qualities of mind and heart: Receptivity, gentleness, compassion, reflection, stillness, and silence.
- This Module will be structured around the Buddha’s core teaching on Mindfulness – The Satipatthana Sutta – The Sutta on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. This text provides a treasure trove of material to share with students in a Yin classroom.
- For each category of contemplation (i.e. body, mind-states, etc), a variety of “yin” and “yang” forms of meditative tools will be considered and explored.
- Working with the Hindrances (Aversion, Desire, Restlessness, Sleepiness, and Doubt): Strategies and antidotes.
- Develop your ability to hold space, effectively use your voice and explore teaching cues that support the experiential learning and the unfolding insight of your students.
- Address approaches to teaching meditation in a secular, non-religious manner.
- How to instruct and guide meditative themes in your teaching.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Mindfulness Meditation Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Register for the module.
- Fee (includes manual): $740 early bird.
- This Module is now being held On-Line via Zoom for the full four days. Please have a conducive arrangement at home for practice and participation.
- This training will be held live from 9:00am to 5:30pm EST each day. If you can’t join during EST hours, another recorded version of this training will be available mid-Summer, so please stay tuned.
In general, each day of the training starts at 9:00 am and ends at 5:30 pm. Please check with the host studio for exact times.
You will receive:
- Free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short essay, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
- Required text: Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Awakening by Joseph Goldstein. It’s not necessary to read this before the training, but this will serve as your ongoing reference book.
- Suggested text: Seeking the Heart of Wisdom by Jack Kornfield and Joseph Goldstein
Terms and Conditions:
- 25% of the Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation of MORE THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded.
- A cancellation of LESS THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded IF AND ONLY IF you or studio finds a replacement for your spot.
- All Registration Fees are non-transferable.