The keystone of our training program, the Foundations of Anatomy + Yin Yoga Teacher Training, is now available as a fully-accredited online and on-demand program. It contains everything in the 4-day live intensive training, focusing on the physical aspects of the practice of Yin Yoga: postures, anatomy of joints and fascia, and how to teach Yin Yoga.
For over ten years, Josh has taught his popular 4-day Foundations of Anatomy + Yin Yoga Teacher Training throughout the United States and Europe. We are now happy to offer this same educational training as an on-demand course. The benefits of a self-paced course are that you can review and practice the lessons in this course over and over. Nothing will deepen your practice more than this ability to review the lectures and practices again and again. We are confident that the Foundations Module will infuse your practice and teaching of Yin Yoga with greater clarity and confidence.
This online Yin Yoga Teacher Training can be completed as a standalone certificate in Yin Yoga for 50 YACEP hours with Yoga Alliance, or this module may be applied towards a 200hr or 300hr certificate track in the Summers School of Yin Yoga.
The Foundations of Anatomy + Yin Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Chapter 1 Themes: The Functional Elements of Yin Yoga
- Chapter 2 Themes: Functional vs. Aesthetic Alignment and the Truth of Skeletal Variation; Tension and Compression; Flexion and Extension; The Four Principles of Yin Yoga; Fascia 101
- Chapter 3 Themes: External and Internal Rotation of the Thigh; The Rules for Knees; Three Grilley Axioms; Fascia & Mechanotransduction; Three Fascial Responses to Stress
- Chapter 4 Themes: More on Tension and Compression; Abduction and Adduction of the Femur; Fascia & Phase Changes; The Physical Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Chapter 5 Themes: Sequencing Guidelines; Shoulder Abduction and Flexion; Addressing Common Concerns about Yin Yoga
- Deep Practice: Each chapter contains in-depth Posture Work for each of the 30 individual Yin Yoga poses as well as a complete 1.5hr – 2 hour Yin Yoga Practice.
- 100 page downloadable Course Manual
- Quiz for comprehension
- Certificate for 50hrs of CEU credit with Yoga Alliance, and 50hrs credit within the Summers School of Yin Yoga
Investment: $900 | Sangha Members Receive 50% off the full price
Josh and Terry have put together a great training program. This training was well worth my time and money. I learned so many things during the 4-day foundations module that I am already incorporating into both my personal yin and yang practice and the classes I teach. I cannot recommend this training enough.
—K.R. in Illinois (Foundations Student)