The Foundations of Compassion + Yin Meditation Teacher Training Module is one half of the 2-module Yin Meditation Training offered by the Summers School of Yin Yoga. We recommend, if possible, that students begin with the Heart of Compassion before they take the Heart of Wisdom.
The Foundations of Compassion + Yin Meditation Teacher Training Module draws on Josh’s three decades of practicing and studying various forms of Buddhist meditation within Thai, Burmese and Western traditions. The course is also deeply influenced by Josh’s mentor, Jack Engler, a pioneer in the field of synthesizing Buddhist and Western psychology. In taking the mystery out of meditation, Josh aims to support and guide you towards developing your own personal meditation practice of open-hearted and peaceful relationship with this moment, oneself and others.
With Yin Meditation, Josh shares a functional and creative approach to meditation that nurtures kindness (metta) and compassion (karuna).
The benefits of a self-paced course are that you can review and practice the lessons in this course over and over again. Nothing will deepen your understanding and experience of the principles of Yin Meditation and Compassion more than this ability to review the lectures and practices again and again. We are confident that the Heart of Compassion will infuse your practice and teaching with open-hearted clarity and experiential understanding.
The Foundations of Compassion + Yin Meditation Teacher Training includes:
- The Functional Elements of Yin Meditation
- Buddhist Philosophy on Compassion
- Yin and Yang Meditative Approaches to Metta (loving-kindness) and Karuna (compassion)
- Healing Obstacles: Melting Ice with Compassionate RAIN
- Refining the Edge in Meditation: Perceiving Karma, Acting Wisely
- Teaching Talking Points and Boundaries in Teaching
- Yin Yoga, Qi Gong + Meditation Practice
- Developing a Personal Practice
- Contemplative Journaling
- The Eightfold Integrated Path of Healing, and more.
- 88 page downloadable course manual + supplemental readings
- Reflective Essay Assignment
- Certificate for 50hrs of CEU credit with Yoga Alliance, and 50hrs credit within the Summers School of Yin Yoga
Investment: $740 / Sangha Members Receive 50% off the full price
“Josh manages to demystify meditation techniques in a way that is simple to understand and digest. What I appreciated most, however, was Josh’s ability to share openly and honestly precious personal insights, clearly gained through his own journey trudging along The Path. His authenticity and openness is rare to find and makes him stand out as a yoga teacher, not just an asana teacher. I highly recommend this training for anyone ready to go deeper, to do the real inner work that will support their own personal healing journeys.” – Nicky H.