This course is the online component to the 50-hr Mindfulness Meditation Module offered by the Summers School of Yin Yoga.
This course may be taken standalone as well – it is designed to be a self-contained introductory course for anyone to take.
NOTE: You get free lifetime access to this online course when you enroll in any 50-hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Mindfulness Meditation Module offered by the Summers School of Yin Yoga.
What's in the Course?
This online course is a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of Yin Meditation.
Who Can Take This Course?
For Those Who Are Attending a Live Intensive:
This online course is one part of the teacher training you'll be experiencing – and a unique feature of the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Completing this course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you'll receive a link that grants you free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value). Please note: You will need to complete the online course, including a short essay, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 10 hrs.
For Anyone Who Wants to Learn About Yin Meditation:
You don't need to be enrolled in Summers School of Yin Yoga in order to take this online course. It is designed to be a self-contained introduction to the concepts and practice of Yin Meditation. It can be taken on its own, giving you a low-risk opportunity to see if this module, this approach, or the school itself is the right fit for you.
Below is a complete list of all the course lessons. Each lesson contains either an audio lecture or video presentation – and throughout the course, you’ll find worksheets and other downloads.
- Lesson 1: What Is Meditation?
- Lesson 2: Yin vs. Yang Meditation
- Lesson 3: Yang Meditation 101
- Lesson 4: Yin Meditation Series
- Lesson 5: Stillness Series
- Lesson 6: Creative Functional Approach to Meditation
- Lesson 7: The Mind Sublime: Essay
- Required text (for the live component): Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Awakening by Joseph Goldstein. It’s not necessary to read this before the training, but this will serve as your ongoing reference book.
- Suggested Text: Seeking the Heart of Wisdom by Jack Kornfield and Joseph Goldstein.
The price of the course is: $125.00