with Josh Summers, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
and Terry Cockburn, RYT 500, YACEP
Part of the 200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation.
The 30-50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Practicum Module is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in refining their teaching and communication skills of the practice of Yin and Yang Yoga.
The 30-50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Practicum Module will include:
- Review and practice Functional Alignment principles in Yin and Yang Yoga.
- Learn and practice skillful sequencing and themes (anatomical, energetic and meditative).
- Practice concise, effective cueing and use of language.
- Group work in dyads and triads.
- Practice teaching in a supportive group setting with constructive feedback from peers and faculty.
- Discussion on classroom management, such as injuries, special populations, student dynamics, and creating a safe and secure environment.
- Consider elements of effective facilitation; how and when to use your voice, leaving silence, and threading themes of content through your Yin Yoga classes.
- The Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (30-50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Practicum Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
- Required text: Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship by Donna Fahri. It’s not necessary to read this before the training, but we will use this to complete the required assignment.
The Summers School of Yin Yoga // www.yinyogaschool.com