with Josh Summers, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
and Terry Cockburn, E-RYT 500, YACEP
Part of the 200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation.
The 30hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Practicum Module is for students enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga who have successfully completed the Foundations Module (50hrs). It’s our chance to refine your teaching – getting into the finer points of skillful teaching, effective facilitation, and the theory behind Yin Yoga. It is also an opportunity to engage in discussion with your fellow peers about the nuances of teaching.
The 30hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Practicum Module is an online offering that includes:
- Practice Teaching: Four core Yin Yoga postures and the theory of Yin Yoga.
- Peer Review: Give and receive constructive feedback from peers and faculty.
- Live Group Discussions: Classroom management, student dynamics, special populations, and creating a safe and secure environment.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- You must be enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Here’s how to apply.
- Prerequisite: Successful completion of the Foundations Module (50hr).
How the Program Works:
- Click the Register Now button (below) to enroll in the Practicum Module. Upon registration, you will receive a set of assignments to complete:
- Teaching Assignment: Submit 4 videos of yourself teaching a student in a live setting.
- Theory Assignment: Submit 1 video of yourself explaining the Four Principles of Yin Yoga.
- Reading Assignment: Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship by Donna Fahri.
- Ethics Assignment: Write a brief essay on the ethics of teaching yoga (300-500 words).
- Once you submit your videos for the Teaching Assignment and Theory Assignment, you will be placed into a cohort with 4 other Practicum students and receive another set of assignments that includes peer review assessment and a group discussion.
- Once you submit your Ethics Assignment, you will be placed into a cohort with 4 other Practicum students, and we’ll schedule a group discussion on the ethics of yoga.
The Practicum is an online offering. Once your assignments have been successfully submitted, you can expect the process to take approximately 3-4 months.
The price of the Practicum is $395.00
Josh and Terry are dedicated, skilled, tremendous teachers who offer guidance without dogma. They don’t force their hand, rather they offer a hand and allow their students to find their own path. I am so grateful for all I have learned.”
—B.B. in New Hampshire (TCM and Yang Yoga Student)
The Summers School of Yin Yoga // www.yinyogaschool.com