with Josh Summers, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
Part of the 200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a comprehensive training in the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating the profound energetic aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Traditional Chinese Meridian Module will include:
- Historical overview of Chinese Medicine’s philosophical origins.
- Yin and Yang Theory.
- Five Element Theory and Seasonal Balance.
- Understand the Vital Substances of Chinese Medicine: Qi, Essence, Blood, and Fluids.
- Dynamics of Qi, theory and practice.
- Functions of the Internal Organs, with both Chinese and Western analysis.
- Learn to locate the essential Meridians of Yin Yoga practice, as well as identify and palpate the power acupuncture points on these channels.
- Learn the interrelationships of the Yin Organs as they relate to the production, circulation and storage of Qi, Blood, and Essence.
- Understand the Causes of Disease in Chinese Medicine and how to Identify Patterns of Disharmony According to the Eight Principles.
- Practice sequences and pranayama to harmonize Qi and Blood circulation
- Develop ways to speak about this curriculum in theory and practice.
- Learn to design sophisticated sequences based on Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory beyond simply pairing Yin and Yang Meridians in your sequencing.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Find a module.
Find a live teacher training module here on the list of upcoming events on Josh’s Events Page.
For the event of your choice, register through the host studio for the live teacher training module. Pay the host studio directly.
- 2019 pricing is consistent: $840 USD (or $690 earlybird rate). Prices adjusted in Europe.
You will receive:
- 90-day free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll receive a link that grants you 90-day free access to the online course (a $125 value).
Attendees, please note: You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing). You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
Anyone can take this training as a standalone module, and all participants will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for 50 hours of Continuing Education Credit with Yoga Alliance.
I’ve just finished the TCM and Foundations modules with Josh and I’m delighted with both courses. He has a winning combination of clarity, knowledge, humility, and humour and a relaxed passion for what he does which he transmits so well. I began as a Yin Yoga ignoramus and return home with a real sense of its magic.
—J.Z. (TCM and Foundations Student)
This is by far THE BEST yoga training course I’ve ever taken. Josh is a joy to work with. He is a fount of knowledge with NO ego! A rare combination. I was able to implement my new knowledge immediately upon returning to teaching and my students enjoyed that additional information. It’s all about tension and compression and a Dragon-A-Day!
—C.S. (Foundations Student)
The Summers School of Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Training was an incredible, life-changing experience. This training has brought me from believing I was a meditation failure to joyfully anticipating opportunities to teach Yin-based meditation. Josh’s humor, perspective, and outstanding preparation make him a tremendous teacher.
—B.B. (Mindfulness Student)
Josh is an accomplished facilitator and trainer, deftly navigating group dynamics and complex topics. The format of the in-person training is genius. The informative online course – a prerequisite for attending the in-person training – ensured that all attendees had a basic understanding of the material, allowing us to dive deep into the material. I rate this course 10+ out of 10, and recommend it to new and seasoned teachers and practitioners, including those who have previously completed teacher training modules with Josh.
—G.K. (Foundations and TCM Student)
Josh and Terry are dedicated, skilled, tremendous teachers who offer guidance without dogma. They don’t force their hand, rather they offer a hand and allow their students to find their own path. I am so grateful for all I have learned.”
—B.B. in New Hampshire (TCM and Yang Yoga Student)
The Summers School of Yin Yoga // www.yinyogaschool.com