with Terry Cockburn, RYT 500, YACEP
Part of the 200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning how to integrate dynamic styles of yoga within the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Yang Module will include:
- Learn and practice themes from Yin Yoga as they apply to Yang Yoga.
- Practice and learn Functional Alignment principles in Yang Yoga.
- Learn how to communicate Functional Alignment cues for all foundational poses found within traditional Sun Salutations, Standing Postures, and other common Yang postures.
- Practice five essential Yang sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments.
- Learn how to integrate Yang Yoga within or after a Yin Yoga practice.
- Differentiate the common Aesthetic Alignment cues to more specific Functional Alignment cues in Yang Yoga.
- Principles of tension and compression in asana.
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counterposes.
- Investigate, review and refine understanding of skeletal variation; examining the spine, pelvis, knee, femur and tibia, with application to how variations in all of these areas influence asana in standing poses, arm balances, and backbends of Yang Yoga.
- Practice teaching core Yang postures from a Functional Alignment perspective, with discussion and feedback.
- The Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Yang Yoga Module is a core module of the Advanced Yin Yoga Studies 300-hour program through Summers School of Yin Yoga, and an elective module in the 200-hour program. Both offered through the Summers School of Yin Yoga.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Find a module.
Find a live teacher training module here on the list of upcoming events on Josh’s Events Page.
For the event of your choice, register through the host studio for the live teacher training module. Pay the host studio directly.
- 2019 pricing is consistent: $840 USD (or $690 earlybird rate). Prices adjusted in Europe.
You will receive:
- 90-day free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll receive a link that grants you 90-day free access to the online course (a $125 value).
Attendees, please note: You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing). You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
Anyone can take this training as a standalone module, and all participants will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for 50 hours of Continuing Education Credit with Yoga Alliance.
The Summers School of Yin Yoga // www.yinyogaschool.com