The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Medicine Module is a comprehensive training in the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating the profound energetic aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Traditional Chinese Medicine Module will include:
- Historical overview of Chinese Medicine’s philosophical origins.
- Yin and Yang Theory.
- Five Element Theory and Seasonal Balance.
- Understand the Vital Substances of Chinese Medicine: Qi, Essence, Blood, and Fluids.
- Dynamics of Qi, theory and practice.
- Functions of the Internal Organs, with both Chinese and Western analysis.
- Learn to locate the essential Meridians of Yin Yoga practice, as well as identify and palpate the power acupuncture points on these channels.
- Learn the interrelationships of the Yin Organs as they relate to the production, circulation, and storage of Qi, Blood, and Essence.
- Practice sequences and pranayama to harmonize Qi and Blood circulation
- Develop ways to speak about this curriculum in theory and practice.
- Learn to design sequences based on Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory.
- Students and teachers with previous foundational Yin Yoga training or instruction are welcome to attend this module.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Register for the module.
- Course fee (includes PDF manual): $740
- Early Bird Rate = $590 (expires on 6/22/21)
- Sangha Members = $370 (50% off the full price).
- Scholarship support available: We are now able to offer Pandemic Assisted Spiritual Support (PASS), please email firstname.lastname@example.org for PASS application.
- This Module is now being held online via Zoom for the full four days. Please have a conducive arrangement at home for practice and participation.
- This training will be held LIVE from 9:00am to 5:30pm ET each day. However, if you are unable to join the ‘live’ hours, recordings will be made available for two weeks after the training.
Sangha Members receive 50% off the live training (log in or learn more)*
In general, each day of the training starts at 9:00 am ET and ends at 5:30 pm ET.
You will receive:
- Free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module, conducted virtually
- In-depth 100-page PDF of the TCM Manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online pre-course component. The online pre-course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 7-10 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
- Required text: Wood Becomes Water: Chinese Medicine in Everyday Life by Gail Reichstein
- Suggested text: The Web That Has No Weaver by Ted Kaptchuk
Terms and Conditions:
- 25% of the Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation of MORE THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded.
- A cancellation of LESS THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded IF AND ONLY IF you or studio finds a replacement for your spot.
- All Registration Fees are non-transferable.
*Sangha Members: If you don’t see the discounted price, please log in and return to this page.