Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module (50hr) with Josh Summers, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a comprehensive training in the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and its application to the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga. This module is open to serious students and teachers of Yin Yoga who are interested in integrating the profound energetic aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine into their practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Traditional Chinese Meridian Module will include:
- Historical overview of Chinese Medicine’s philosophical origins.
- Yin and Yang Theory.
- Five Element Theory and Seasonal Balance.
- Understand the Vital Substances of Chinese Medicine: Qi, Essence, Blood, and Fluids.
- Dynamics of Qi, theory and practice.
- Functions of the Internal Organs, with both Chinese and Western analysis.
- Learn to locate the essential Meridians of Yin Yoga practice, as well as identify and palpate the power acupuncture points on these channels.
- Learn the interrelationships of the Yin Organs as they relate to the production, circulation, and storage of Qi, Blood, and Essence.
- Practice sequences and pranayama to harmonize Qi and Blood circulation
- Develop ways to speak about this curriculum in theory and practice.
- Learn to design sequences based on Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory.
- Students and teachers with previous foundational Yin Yoga training or instruction are welcome to attend this module.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Traditional Chinese Meridian Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Register for the module.
- Fee (includes manual): CHF 840
Registration Coming Soon: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when registration is open.
In general, each day of the training starts at 9:00 am and ends at 5:30 pm. Please check with the host studio for exact times.
You will receive:
- Free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 7-10 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
- Required text: Wood Becomes Water: Chinese Medicine in Everyday Life by Gail Reichstein
- Recommended text: The Uncharted Body: A New Textbook of Medicine by Dr. Daniel Keown. On the checkout page, apply the Discount Code FREEJOSH to get 15% off.
- Suggested text: The Spark in the Machine by Dr. Daniel Keown
- Suggested text: The Web That Has No Weaver by Ted Kaptchuk
Air Yoga’s Cancellation Policy:
- Please note that registrations for workshops are binding and the workshop costs have to be paid also when you do not show up on the workshop.
- A refund can only be issued for illness and accident and if a medical attest follows the cancellation up to 5 days before the workshop takes place.