Spring into Traditional Chinese Medicine with Josh Summers, Licensed Acupuncturist, E-RYT 500
For 20 years, Josh has worked as a licensed acupuncturist in Boston and led Yin Yoga teacher trainings throughout the world. This training explores Josh’s unique synthesis of how Yin Yoga stimulates and harmonizes the Energy Body. Josh’s holistic, functional – and non-reductive – approach will empower you to practice and teach from greater depth and confidence.
This special online, pre-recorded teacher training will run through the Spring of 2022 (Last day to register is April 15th, and course ends May 31st).
Upon registration, you will receive five weekly emails that will include:
• Pre-recorded theory talks
• Yin Yoga and Pranayama practice recordings
• Course reading assignments from the 100+ page TCM Manual (included with registration)
• Reflective prompts
• Access to four recorded hour-long Q&A sessions with Josh
The course videos will be available until May 31st, 2022. See How this Course Works (below)
“Josh is so knowledgeable, and he shares his knowledge in such an inspiring, kind and refreshing way. The layout and pace of the training were well thought out, allowing space for everything to sink in. It felt extra special to have Josh’s unique perspective as an acupuncturist on TCM and Yin Yoga. I highly recommend this course.”
Carla O. (Course Participant)
“The TCM Training with Josh is a highly comprehensive and intelligent presentation of Chinese Medicine and Yin Yoga. I thoroughly enjoyed Josh’s teaching style and inclusive approach.“
Sarah Lo (Senior Yin Yoga Trainer)
The Yin Yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine Training is open to any student or teacher of Yin Yoga who is interested in deepening their understanding and practice of the profound energetic benefits of Yin Yoga. The relaxed format of this training allows you to work at your own pace, integrating the material in a way that aligns with your learning style and schedule. The weekly Q&A sessions with Josh will answer your questions and optimize your learning experience.
The Yin Yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine Training curriculum will include:
- Historical overview of Chinese Medicine’s Taoist origins
- Yin and Yang Theory
- Josh’s functional and holistic approach to Traditional Chinese Medicine and Yin Yoga
- The Three Treasures – Our Axis of Holistic Health
- A functional approach to Yin Pranayama
- Yin Organ-based meditations
- The Vital Substances (pure energies) of Chinese Medicine: Qi, Essence, Blood and Spirit
- Dynamics of Qi, theory and practice
- The Holistic Functions of the Internal Organs: Kidneys, Liver, Spleen, Lungs and Heart
- The Primary Channels (Meridians) of Chinese Medicine
- The interrelationships between the Yin Organs as they collaborate to produce, circulate and store Qi, Blood, Essence and Spirit
- Five Element Theory for seasonal harmony
- Guidelines on developing energetically themed sequences, and how to thread TCM themes within your teaching
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This training is a core module within the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s How the Program Works: (please read carefully)
- This online training will run through the Spring of 2022 (last day to register is April 15th, and course ends May 31st).
- Upon registration, participants will receive weekly emails for five weeks, which will include pre-recorded theory talks; Yin Yoga and Pranayama practice recordings; course reading assignments from the TCM manual (included); reflective prompts; and access to four recorded Q&A sessions with Josh.
- Participants will receive a PDF of the 100+ page TCM course manual.
- Training Quiz and Certification. Upon completion of the training, you will receive a final quiz to evaluate your comprehension. Upon passing the quiz, you will receive a certificate of completion, which is eligible for 50 hours of Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with Yoga Alliance.
- Bonus: Participants will receive Josh’s supplementary online course The Energy Sublime – Functional Elements of Chinese Medicine. You will have lifetime access to this online course, allowing you to review the core elements of the content of the training.
- Weekly Time Management: Each weekly email assignment will include approximately 2-3 hours of theory talks, and about 2 – 4 hours for the practice videos. Additionally, Josh will be assigning roughly 10-15 pages of reading from the manual. You have until May 31st to complete, and hopefully budget time for additional review of the materials.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Registration Fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Only one participant per registration – registrations cannot be shared.
- There will be no extensions of time to complete the course material. The deadline to complete the course, no matter when you begin, is May 31, 2022.