Acupuncture is an ancient tradition of healing therapies that uses needles to adjust and balance a patient’s energy system. Historically, this energy has been thought to traverse through meridians, or channels, which conduct the energy to various tissues and organs. By stimulating certain points along the meridians, the energy system is strengthened, creating an energetic balance conducive to healing and well-being.
What is a Treatment Like?
While Western medicine often approaches the same condition with the same medications, Eastern medicine focuses on the specific pattern of disharmony within the individual. Hence, no two people are treated in the same way for the same condition.
Joshua specializes in Japanese Acupuncture, which uses abdominal diagnosis. Japanese needles are the thinnest of all needles, virtually unoticeable to the patient when they are inserted. Patients find acupuncture treatments extremely calming, meditative, and soothing.
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
- Musculoskeletal – Pain of all types, Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sciatica, Repetitive Stress Disorders, Fibromyalgia, Tendinitis, TMJ
- Psychological – Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Stress, Eating Disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Neurological – Migraines, Numbness, Neuropathy, Multiple Sclerosis, Seizures
- Digestive – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, Nausea, Diarrhea, Constipation, Acid Reflux
- Reproductive Health – Infertility, Impotence, Labor Induction
- Women’s Health – Irregular Menstruation, PMS, Menopausal Symptoms, Endometriosis
“Josh Summers is a smart and talented acupuncturist whom I highly recommend. The style of Japanese acupuncture he practices is gentle, extremely safe, and effective for a wide range of conditions.”
Timothy McCall, M.D.
Medical Editor, Yoga Journal
Author of Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health and Healing