Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module (50hr) with Terry Cockburn, E-RYT 500, YACEP
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning how to integrate dynamic styles of yoga within the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Yang Yoga Module will include:
- Learn and practice themes from Yin Yoga as they apply to Yang Yoga.
- Practice and learn Functional Alignment principles in Yang Yoga.
- Learn how to communicate Functional Alignment cues for all foundational poses found within traditional Sun Salutations, Standing Postures, and other common Yang postures.
- Practice five essential Yang sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments.
- Learn how to integrate Yang Yoga within or after a Yin Yoga practice.
- Differentiate the common Aesthetic Alignment cues to more specific Functional Alignment cues in Yang Yoga.
- Principles of tension and compression in asana.
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counterposes.
- Investigate, review, and refine understanding of skeletal variation; examining the spine, pelvis, knee, femur and tibia, with application to how variations in all of these areas influence asana in standing poses, arm balances, and backbends of Yang Yoga.
- This Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Yang Yoga Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
1. Register for the module.
- Course fee (includes manual): $890. Available now for $740.00.
- This Module is now being held online via Zoom for the full four days. Please have a conducive arrangement at home for practice and participation.
- This training will be held LIVE from 7am to 3:30pm ETD each day. If you can’t join during these hours, recordings of all sessions will be available for five days.
In general, each day of the training starts at 11:00 am and ends at 7:30 pm.
You will receive:
- Free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module, conducted virtually
- In-depth 100-page PDF of the Yang Yoga Manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online pre-course component. The online pre-course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
- Required text: Your Body, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Suggested text: Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
Terms and Conditions:
- 25% of the Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation of MORE THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded.
- A cancellation of LESS THAN 30 DAYS notice will receive 75% of the Registration Fee refunded IF AND ONLY IF you or studio finds a replacement for your spot.
- All Registration Fees are non-transferable.