Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 1: Foundations Module
with Josh Summers
May 4-7, 2017
Thursday – Sunday 10 AM – 6:30 PM
$540 Early bird by April 17, 2017, $590 thereafter
This training qualifies for 30 hours of YA Continuing Education Credits
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is a complementary yoga practice to more dynamic and active yoga styles. In Yin Yoga, floor postures are held passively for several minutes in order to access a safe and positive ‘stress’ on the deeper layers of connective tissue in the body.
Physically, Yin Yoga restores and maintains the natural mobility of the joints, primarily between the navel and the knees. Energetically, Yin Yoga opens the body’s meridian system, which enhances the body’s energetic flow and supports emotional equilibrium.
Yin Yoga emphasizes stillness and silence. The practice prepares both the body and mind for deeper experiences in meditation.
The Yin Yoga Teacher Training Intensive will include:
- Practice the core Yin asanas, and explore the difference between Aesthetic Alignment and Functional Alignment; how bone variation affects range of motion and alignment considerations; principles of tension and compression in asana
- Learn four essential Yin sequences, that work on specific meridian lines in the body, with relevant modifications and adjustments
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue and joint health
- Learn the core concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine and the energy system is influenced by the practice of Yin Yoga, emphasis on meridian and organ health
- Acquire experiential practice of the Buddha’s core teachings on mindfulness meditation which is a great framework for integrating meditative themes into Yin classes or personal practice
- The Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice
- Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education credit (30hrs) with the Yoga Alliance
The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
Josh is a Yin Yoga teacher, a licensed acupuncturist, and a meditation instructor. Josh began studying Iyengar yoga in the early nineties with James Murphy in New York City. Since then, he has spent several years living abroad in India, Taiwan and Burma where he has studied both yoga and meditation. As his interest in vipassana or insight meditation developed so too did his interest in more contemplative forms of yoga practice. With a rofessional background in Oriental Medicine and a personal passion for the dharma, Josh fell in love with Yin Yoga as a beautiful synthesis of the two.
Josh now teaches workshops and trainings throughout the United States and Europe. Josh also co-teaches a course on Mindfulness and Performance at Boston University.