4 Day Intensive: Foundations Module
Thursday, November 9th – Sunday, November 12th , 2017
The Elbowroom, Dublin (Ireland)
Tuition and Material Fee: €540
Required Reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga, Bernie Clark
The Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Foundations Module includes:
- Practice the core Yin asanas, modifications and their contraindications.
- Explore the difference between Aesthetic Alignment and Functional Alignment; learn how bone variation affects range of motion and alignment considerations; principles of tension and compression in asana.
- Anatomy of the spine, pelvis, thigh and knee.
- Learn four essential Yin sequences, that work on specific meridian lines and Chinese Organs in the body, with relevant modifications and adjustment.
- Physiology of Connective Tissue/Fascia.
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue and joint health.
- Learn the core concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine and the energy system is influenced by the practice of Yin Yoga, emphasis on meridian and organ health.
- The Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
- Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education credit (30hrs) with the Yoga Alliance.
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is a complementary yoga practice to more dynamic and active yoga styles. In Yin Yoga, floor postures are held passively for several minutes in order to access a safe and positive ‘stress’ on the deeper layers of connective tissue in the body.
Physically, Yin Yoga restores and maintains the natural mobility of the joints, primarily between the navel and the knees. Energetically, Yin Yoga opens the body’s meridian system, which enhances the body’s energetic flow and supports emotional equilibrium.
Yin Yoga emphasizes stillness and silence. The practice prepares both the body and mind for deeper experiences in meditation.