Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module (50hr) taught by Terry Cockburn, E-RYT 500, YACEP
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Yang Yoga Module is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning how to integrate dynamic styles of yoga within the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Yang Yoga Module will include:
- Learn and practice themes from Yin Yoga as they apply to Yang Yoga.
- Practice and learn Functional Alignment principles in Yang Yoga.
- Learn how to communicate Functional Alignment cues for all foundational poses found within traditional Sun Salutations, Standing Postures, and other common Yang postures.
- Practice five essential Yang sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments.
- Learn how to integrate Yang Yoga within or after a Yin Yoga practice.
- Differentiate the common Aesthetic Alignment cues to more specific Functional Alignment cues in Yang Yoga.
- Principles of tension and compression in asana.
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counterposes.
- Investigate, review, and refine understanding of skeletal variation; examining the spine, pelvis, knee, femur and tibia, with application to how variations in all of these areas influence asana in standing poses, arm balances, and backbends of Yang Yoga.
- Practice teaching core Yang postures from a Functional Alignment perspective, with discussion and feedback.
- This Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Yang Yoga Module is a core module of the Summers School of Yin Yoga 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
Register for the live teacher training module by clicking the button below.
1. Register for the module.
- Registration Fee: $690 early-bird, $840 thereafter (collected in USD)
- Approximately €590 early-bird, €740 thereafter, which includes booking fee
- Includes a free 100-page manual as well
- Early-bird pricing expires 30 days prior to event
In general, each day of the training starts at 9:00 am and ends at 5:30 pm. Please check with the host studio for exact times.
You will receive:
- 90-day free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
Training Hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm Thursday thru Sunday
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get free 90-day access to the online course (a $125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).
Readings will be assigned during the online course, as well as during the live training.
- Required text: Your Body, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Suggested text: Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
Terms and Conditions:
- 20% of the training fee is non-refundable deposit.
- If you cancel more than 30 days prior to the training, you will receive an 80% refund.
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the training, you will receive 80% of your fee back as long as you or the studio finds a replacement for your spot.
- All Registration Fees are NON-transferable.