200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation
For the past 12 years, I have offered short, intensive trainings (30 hrs) on the subject of Yin Yoga. But as my knowledge and experience has grown, it is time to expand from these shorter intensives.
I am delighted to now offer the opportunity for serious students and teachers to pursue their yoga education in the discipline of Yin Yoga and Meditation.
This unique and comprehensive training in Yin Yoga studies will occur in a series of ongoing and open-enrollment modules offered throughout the year. Students can choose either to work towards their 200-hr or 300-hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training certification (Yoga Alliance approved). Or, people can simply take whichever modules they like, a la carte.
The core modules will include:
- Foundations Module (50 hrs): Everything you need to know about the physical aspects of teaching and practicing Yin Yoga: Postures, sequencing, anatomy, fascia, functional vs. aesthetic alignment, and how to cue.
- Traditional Chinese Meridian Module (50 hrs): A deep exploration of Chinese Meridian Theory: Yin-Yang Theory, Meridians and their organs, Qi and blood production and circulation, Western and Eastern views of energy medicine, Yin Yoga and its influence on Qi.
- Mindfulness Meditation Module (50 hrs): A study and exploration of the inner-game of teaching and practicing meditation in Yin Yoga, with a uniquely Yin-based approach to meditation: Mindfulness, styles of Vipassana, Four Foundations of Mindfulness, and breath and beyond.
- Yang Yoga Module (50 hrs): Everything you need to know about integrating dynamic styles of yoga within the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga: Functional alignment in Yang Yoga, sequencing, integration with Yin Yoga, and cuing principles.
- Practicum Module (30-50 hrs): Refine and craft your teaching skills in the crucible of practice teaching and constructive feedback.
- The Retreat (70 hrs): This will be an immersive learning opportunity to develop and explore your experience with these teachings to inform and empower your own practice and teaching. The format will be a silent meditation retreat, with periods of Yin Yoga.
Trainees will have three years to complete the necessary hours to earn their certificate in Yin Yoga at either the 200-hr or 300-hr level. Our intention is that the flexibility of this program will allow trainees to attend modules at a pace that their schedule permits. Any module may be taken by anyone, independent of enrollment in the the 200-hr or 300-hr track. Learn more here:
The Summers School of Yin Yoga is committed to the ongoing study, practice, and development of students and teachers in the arts of Yin Yoga and Meditation.
Now taking applications!
Click the button to start the application process:
Here’s how the program works:
1. Find a module.
Find a live teacher training module here on the list of upcoming events on Josh’s Events Page.
For the event of your choice, register through the host studio for the live teacher training module. Pay the host studio directly.
- 2019 pricing for teacher trainings will be consistent: $840 USD (or $690 earlybird rate). Prices adjusted in Europe.
- The Retreat pricing will vary depending on location.
You will receive:
- 90-day free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component (Foundations, Mindfulness, TCM, Yang). Each online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll receive a link that grants you 90-day free access to the online course (a $125 value).
Attendees, please note: You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing). You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
Questions: There’s more about how the program works on the Frequently Asked Questions page, or you can contact Josh using the form below.
The Summers School of Yin Yoga // www.yinyogaschool.com