The keystone of our training program, the Foundations Module, is now available as a fully-accredited online and on-demand program. You can complete this training at your own pace from the comfort of your own home.
The Foundations Module is taught by Josh Summers and contains everything in the 4-day live intensive training – focusing on the physical aspects of practicing and teaching Yin Yoga including: Functional Alignment, Skeletal Variation, Fascia and its Properties, the Science of Yin Yoga and Fascia, Thirty Core Yin Yoga Postures, and Four Daily Practices.
Here’s how the online training works:
- On-Demand: Once you enroll in the training, you will receive full lifetime access to the course. This means that you can complete the training at your own pace. In the Content Bar on the left (or at the bottom in mobile), I indicate what’s covered each “day” so that you can see how this mirrors the exact structure and content of my live trainings, but you can go through the material in the course at any rate you wish.
- Manual: Within the course, you will have access to the 100-page, downloadable PDF of the course manual.
- Certificate: Once you have completed the lessons and the final quiz, we will issue you a Certificate that will earn you 50 YACEP hours with Yoga Alliance.
- Yours for life. Hopefully, you will review the material in this course, again and again, for many years to come.
I’ve been practicing Yin Yoga since 2002, and training teachers all over the world since 2008. I’m delighted to make this Foundations Module at a time when travel is restricted and social distancing makes live trainings difficult. We’re here to provide affordable, first-tier education in Yin Yoga.
This online Yin Yoga Teacher Training can be completed as a standalone certificate in Yin Yoga for 50 YACEP hours with Yoga Alliance, or – now through September 30th, 2020 – this module may be applied towards a 200hr or 300hr certificate track in the Summers School of Yin Yoga (Yoga Alliance may extend the date for accepting online training, and we will notify you of those updates).
Course fee: $890. Available now for $740.00.
Course fee includes a 100-page PDF manual and free access to the Body Sublime (the 10hr pre-course taken prior to the Foundations Module).
Yin Yoga Teacher Training Foundations Module 50hr Includes:
- Day 1 Themes: Functional vs. Aesthetic Alignment; Tension and Compression; Flexion and Extension; The Four Principles of Yin Yoga; Fascia 101
- Day 2 Themes: External and Internal Rotation; The Rules for Knees; Three Grilley Axioms; Fascia & Mechanotransduction; and Three Fascial Responses to Stress
- Day 3 Themes: More on Tension and Compression; Abduction and Adduction; Fascia & Phase Changes; The Physical Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Day 4 Themes: Sequencing Guidelines; Shoulder Abduction and Flexion; Addressing Common Concerns about Yin Yoga
- Daily Practice: Each day also contains in-depth Posture Work for each of the 30 individual poses, and a complete 1.5hr – 2 hour Practice.
Please note that this online module – and the accompanying pre-course – may be taken standalone as well even if you are not enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. These are designed to be a self-contained, in-depth introductory course for anyone to take.
- Required text: Your Body, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark. It’s not necessary to read this before the training, but this will serve as your ongoing reference book.
- Suggested text: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark.
Josh and Terry have put together a great training program. This training was well worth my time and money. I learned so many things during the 4-day foundations module that I am already incorporating into both my personal yin and yang practice and the classes I teach. I cannot recommend this training enough.
—K.R. in Illinois (Foundations Student)