This course is the online component to the TCM Module offered by the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Important: You must take the online course and complete the quiz before attending the live teacher training module.
Please note that this course may be taken standalone as well – even if you are not enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. It is designed to be a self-contained introductory course for anyone to take.
About This Course:
This online course is one part of the teacher training you’ll be experiencing.
Completing this course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll receive a link that grants you free lifetime access to the online course (a $125 value).
Please note: You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs (not including the course readings).
NOTE TO PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS:
Yes, you can take this course too! It’s designed to function as an essential introduction to the concepts and practice of Chinese Medicine. It can be taken on its own, giving you a low-risk opportunity to see if this module (or the school) is the right fit for you.
- Theory: Essential Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine; Taoist Origins; Yin Yang Theory; Qi; Meridians; Vital Substance; Chinese Organs; Five Elements
- Quiz: The course ends with a quiz, which you must complete (and pass!) before the live training.
Below is a complete list of all the course lessons. Each lesson contains either an audio lecture or video presentation.
- The Energy Sublime: Functional Elements of Chinese Medicine
- Introduction to Chinese Medicine: A Holistic View
- The Taoist Origins of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Yin and Yang 101: Foundational Theory
- Yin and Yang: Mastering the Relationship
- What is Qi?
- The Meridians: Channels of Qi
- The Sources and Functions of Qi
- What is Blood?
- What is Essence?
- The Organs: The Chinese Medical View
- Wood: Liver and Gall Bladder
- Fire: Heart and Small Intestine
- Earth: Spleen and Stomach
- Metal: Lungs and Large Intestine
- Water: Kidneys and Bladder
- The Energy Sublime: Quiz
- If you are participating in the live component, there is a required text: Wood Becomes Water: Chinese Medicine in Everyday Life by Gail Reichstein. Please be sure to read this in full before the live training. Even if you are not attending the training, this book will serve as a wonderful reference.
- Suggested text: The Web That Has No Weaver, Ted Kaptchuk
The price of the course is: $49.00.
Or get free lifetime access if you enroll in any 50-hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training TCM Module offered by the Summers School of Yin Yoga. You will receive an exclusive access code via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).