This year two of my dearest teachers, Rodney Smith and Jack Engler – both pivotal players in importing the dharma to western ground – are retiring from their decades of teaching and service. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been able to benefit from their teaching and life. In my own imperfect way, sharing the dharma within silent retreats feels to me like the most genuine way I can give back and honor the legacy of Rodney and Jack.
Episode 43 is the Season Finale of Everyday Sublime for 2018 where I take stock of the past year and peer ahead into what’s in store for 2019. Listen to it here or subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app.
Links from the Episode: Upcoming Teacher Trainings
As I mentioned in the episode, I would love to have you train with me at www.yinyogaschool.com. Here’s more information on the core modules I mentioned:
- Foundations Module – the physical aspects of Yin Yoga
- Mindfulness Module – integrating meditative themes into Yin Yoga
- TCM Module – strengthening our vital Qi
- Yang Yoga Module – incorporating Yang within Yin Yoga
Each of these modules has an accompanying online course component:
- The Body Sublime: Functional Elements of Yin Yoga
- The Mind Sublime: Functional Elements of Yin Meditation
- The Energy Sublime: Functional Elements of Chinese Medicine
- The Flow Sublime: Functional Elements of Yang Yoga
I have 3 silent meditation retreats planned for 2019. They are constructed with a combination of schedule and silence that allows everyone to go deeply into their own hearts and minds, achieving stillness and insight.
Links from the Episode – What’s to Come in 2019
- I will continue my series of interviews with Yin master Bernie Clark in January. Here’s a link to Bernie’s new book, Your Spine, Your Yoga.
- As I mentioned in the episode, I’ve got a great season planned with some amazing guests in 2019. Please subscribe to get an email reminder when new episodes are published: https://joshsummers.net/subscribe.